Homes For Sale on Charleston's Barrier Islands
Homes for sale in Charleston SC aren't always in the heart of Charleston. The area is surrounded by a number of popular barrier islands, each containing its own quaint charm. If you've considered looking at homes for sale in Charleston SC, the islands might also be a sound choice.
The Barrier Islands
Many homes for sale in Charleston SC are actually located on the nearby islands. They consist of the following:
- Isle of Palms – You'll find a mix of vacation home owners and year-round residents, as well as a number of beachfront homes. There's also an assortment of resorts and local restaurants.
- Daniel Island – Named for colonial governor Robert Daniel, the island remained undeveloped until the early 1990s so you'll find a number of newer homes here.
- Folly Beach – With over six miles of flawless beach area, much like Isle of Palms, you'll find a mix of vacation homes and full-time residents.
- Wadmalaw Island – Nearly a third of Wadmalaw Island is protected by conservation easements, which means it's a great location for those seeking the serenity of the Lowcountry.
- Sullivan's Island – Like Charleston, this isle has a history going back to the 1600's and is a favorite with people who love the beach.
- Kiawah Island – Golfers love this area and it features homes from luxury to modest in style and price.
- James Island – What began as a largely agricultural area, with close to 20 plantations, is now one of the largest suburban bedroom communities of Charleston.
- Edisto Island – Named after the Edistow people, a sub-tribe of the Cusabo Native Americans, this island is perfect for those who love a bit of seclusion.
- Seabrook Island – This area, known as a private, planned beachfront community, offers a host of amenities while still feeling like it's a world away from the bustle of city life.
If you've considered the homes for sale in Charleston SC, you might want to consider the islands too. My name is Marshall Walker and my team is here and ready to serve you. Simply tell us what you're seeking and we'll match you with homes in the Charleston SC area that fit your style and budget.